Emmaus Medical, Inc. is dedicated to improving the lives of people with rare diseases throughout the world by the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative and cost effective medicines.
The Administrative Assistant should be dynamic, personable and a highly organized individual with proven experience providing excellent support to management and staff. The Assistant will use previous business acumen, tenacity and perseverance, as well as excellent planning and organization skills to successfully complete projects assigned.
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- Receive and direct visitors and clients
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Retrieve documents from filing system
- Handle requests for information and data
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Anticipate needs and responsibilities without direction.
- Transcribe letters, memos, notes and e-mails.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provide information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelors degree.
- At least five (5) years, experience working in an office setting.
- Excellent typing and computer skills with a strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with detailed follow-up skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with senior level executives.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined and able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work through scheduling demands and conflicts with composure and diplomacy.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while anticipating regular change in work focus and direction.
- Ability to main the confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information.
- Prior experience working for an insurance or pharmaceutical company helpful.
- Prior experience working with Quickbooks is helpful.
- Fluency in Japanese preferred.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
- Anticipates assistance needed by identifying problems, needs, options, and solutions before being asked.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Ability to work as a member of a team to accomplish goals
- Energetic, flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- U.S. Citizen or right to work in the U.S.
This position requires a successful background check for employment.
To apply for this position, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "Administrative Assistant Position" in your email subject line.
The hiring department will contact qualified applicants for interview. We offer competitive compensation. No relocation is available for this position.
Emmaus Medical, Inc. is an equal employment/drug-free employer. Applicants will be considered without regard of sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual preference, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or disability (reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request).